Kenny Sara and New Orleans Jazz Culture
Kenny is an entertainer down to his bones. He and one of his bands, Kenny Sara and The Sounds of New Orleans, was seen in Anaheim, California. They played regularly at Ralph Brennanʼs Jazz Kitchen for more than a decade.
Grace Le of the OC weekly wrote in a review, “Kenny Sara is the real New Orleans deal”. She also states that “Kenny has got a sound that will sweep you up and carry you right into the bayou”. You can review it, too! Five of the CDs on this site give you many samples.
Los Angeles Magazine describes Kennyʼs playing as “Steady but unobtrusive percussion”.
Hear the non-stop flow of the New Orleans beat for yourself!
- Herbie Hancock
- Wayne Shorter
- Woody Allen
- Della Reese
- Eddie “Cleanhead” Vinson
- Henry Butler
- Bo Diddley
- Bo Diddley
- Taj Mahal
- Katie Segal
- Joe Liggins
- “Papa” John Creach
- Pharaoh Sanders
- Plas Johnson
- Bennie Maupin
Check our schedule for upcoming events!
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
- U.S. Air Jambalaya Festival
- The Playboy Jazz Festival
- The Cal-Poly Wine Tasting Festival
- The Portland Blues Festival
- The Chicago Blues Festival
- The JVC Jazz Festival
- The Los Angeles Jazz Festival
- Pharoah Sanders
- Legends of Rock N’ Roll
- The Papa John Creach Northwestern Tour
- Musical Director for the National Tour and Broadway production of the One Moʻ Time.
Everywhere Kenny goes the New Orleans Culture of Jazz follows.
Kennyʼs TV credits are extensive, not limited to the New Orleans Culture. They include the following.
- Drummer for the Everybody Loves Raymond soundtrack.
- A featured performer for the Donnie & Marie show on UPN
- Featured performer for Good Morning New York.
- Charles in Charge, as an on camera actor.
- Bennie Maupin Quintet, as a performing musician on the Jazz Network Television.
- The Rosie OʼDonnell Show, performing musician with One Mo’ Time Broadway Musical.
- 2Smooth was featured on Good Morning LA on the Fox Network.
- Kenny was also a co-writer on a song titled Steppinʻ Out Tonight. The song is on the TV series Bones, the episode titled Woman in the Sand.
- He also has another song featured on Amad Rashadʼs sports show NBA One on One.
Besides Kenny’s CD’s, he has other recordings based on the New Orleans Culture. He recorded the TV soundtrack for Everybody Loves Raymond. He recorded the CD Phil Alvin Country Fair 2000. He did a John Goodman radio spot. Wendy Welman songwriter’s recordings.
The Jacksons, drummer Motown Productions for ABC TV.
AS A PRODUCER
Kenny produced Hank Ballard recordings. Later producing Mr.B Second Line Boogie CD. He did the music score for the Linus Pauling Exhibit documentary at Cal Tech University.
He acted in the Lion King’s commercial for Burger King. He also acted in a commercial with James Earl Jones and Taj Mahal. It was a blast on the Bell Atlantic Yellow Pages set. James Earl Jones loved Taj Mahal’s endless energy.
Kenny was a musician and actor for Further Mo’ Off Broadway. It is produced by Crossroads Theatre. For the Schubert Theatre he was the musical director for One Mo’ Time. He was the associate Musical Director for One Mo’ Time at the Longacre Theatre on Broadway.
New Orleans Culture and Kenny Sara
Bringing the New Orleans Culture philosophy and attitude always adds depth to everything Kenny is involved in. Listen to his music right now! You will agree! Jazz makes a great gift.